We had a doctor’s appointment this week… Megan is doing well. She had her staples removed, we learned that her tumor was “very interesting” in that it presented as one type on the MRI, appeared to be a second type when they actually got to the tumor during surgery, and then the pathology reports showed that it was, indeed, the first type they suspected. The PA said they had already discussed her case twice in the two weeks following the surgery, and they planned to discuss it again that afternoon. Who knows? Maybe she’ll wind up getting written up in a medical journal or something.
Anyway, as many of you are likely wondering, the tumor is grade II (this particular type of tumor does not exist as grade I) and is considered to be benign. The plan to monitor things for 3-4 months through MRIs, and see how things progress. Based on the results of the MRIs, they will make a decision whether/not to pursue radiation.
Thanks for your continued prayers!